Occasional scholars for the Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Arts), Creative Arts (Photography) and postgraduate units offered under the Master of Communication and Master of Arts
Type of employment: Casual
Salary rate: Occasional academic rates apply
We are seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from highly motivated session staff to teach the Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Arts) and Bachelor of Creative Arts (Photography). We are particularly interested in motivated staff who have experience in drawing, painting, digital art practices, public art, analog and digital photography, exhibition and portfolio development, practice studio, critical thinking, interdisciplinary practices.
Casual scholar providing teaching and a range of other academic activities in Term 2 and/or Term 3, 2022.
To be successful, you will:
- Relevant degree.
- Understanding of relevant subject content and skills demonstrated by academic achievement and/or work experience.
- Excellent teaching skills and a commitment to providing timely and constructive feedback on student work or the ability to develop teaching skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with students and staff.
AQF level guide.
To teach units in:
- A bachelor’s degree, you must have an honors degree or higher (or equivalent experience).
- An honors bachelor’s degree, graduate certificate, or graduate degree, you must have a master’s degree or higher (or equivalent experience).
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain verification of working with children (refer to Deakin’s recruitment process for details).
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- As a part-time scholar, you will make a significant contribution to the discipline(s) and unit(s) for which you are engaged. You may be asked to prepare and deliver seminars, consult with students, undertake assessments and attend meetings at the request of the unit director.
Applications for this position are closed May 5, 2022.
Interested candidates can submit an up-to-date resume a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role and additional information (no more than 2 pages).
To apply for this position, please briefly answer the following points and upload your answers on one page of a Word document:
- List your highest degree and relevant discipline.
- List your relevant university teaching experience and institutional location(s).
- List your availability to teach at Burwood, Waterfront and Cloud campuses.
For any questions, please contact [email protected]
The flexible learning options we offer our students and our diverse team of professionals and academic experts have earned us a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organization Quacquarelli Symonds. For eight consecutive years, we have achieved the highest level of overall student satisfaction among Victorian universities.
We have a network of campuses, learning centers and research centers in Victoria and offices in Melbourne, China, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. Our online cloud campus provides more than 13,000 students with access to cutting-edge digital tools and direct access to world-class scholars.
As a Victorian university with global impact, Deakin translates its research into business results that will help drive innovation for the Australian economy.